The past couple of weeks our garden has really started to produce. The tomatoes are from our garden and the zucchini is from my parents garden. My family minus Joel came to visit a couple weeks ago. They also worked very hard and got my Grandma moved back to Michigan with them. It was a big deal!
This is my grandma, on the left, and her cousin Nancy. The grew up together and are good friends. Nancy and her Husband Collin came down the night before Grandma left to say goodbye. It's probably the last time they'll see each other and it was kind of bittersweet.
After my parents left then a couple days later Bridget came to visit and Susie came up to stay another couple of nights with us. We had a lot of fun with all of the family in town. We wish my family would have had a little more time to relax with us but that will have to wait until the next time they come.
Yesterday was Carolyn and Erik's 5th wedding Anniversary, Congratulations! Alice came and spent the night with us so that they could have a nice date. We had lots of fun with Alice. We made pizza for dinner. Watched The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. (The little mermaid is very long for a Disney movie! haha) True to typical Aunt form we spoiled her. We had cookies with our eggs for breakfast. And we went climbing for a fun activity. We've been wanting to take Alice climbing for a long time now. She did very well at it and i think she had fun! We will definitely have to take her again.
She did very good climbing. She would go up as far as i could still hold her if she needed. I was very impressed that she got the concept of moving her hands and feet up with the holds. And she did good walking down the wall. She's definitely meant to be a climber!



We had a lot of fun climbing! David and I haven't been in over a year and we definitely felt it! But on a happy note my hip didn't bother me at all so i think we can get back into climbing again for real! Too bad it took 2 years for my hip to completely recover but I'm glad it did!
We had a lot of fun climbing! David and I haven't been in over a year and we definitely felt it! But on a happy note my hip didn't bother me at all so i think we can get back into climbing again for real! Too bad it took 2 years for my hip to completely recover but I'm glad it did!
After climbing we got some frozen custard at Neilson's. It was pretty good. It reminded us of our trip to St. Louis a few months ago. After that Alice was beat! She got a lovely nap on the drive home and she actually napped a little longer on our bed after we got home. I'm pretty proud that she fell back asleep. I don't think I've ever had a successful car to bed transfer with her before! Yay!
4 comments:
Looks like fun :)
What kind of pizza dough did you use? I'm thinking about making pizza for my missionaries.
I love the "dead tired in the carseat" pictures of Alice you two manage to get. :)
Samara, you can use any bread dough for pizza dough. If you don't have time to make it, get Rhodes bake and serve and thaw it, or even stop at a pizza place and buy some dough from them. It's not usually too much money to buy just dough.
I loved the garden.
We love the garden too! I should post a picture of it because it's growing like crazy. We have green beans now and tons of tomatillos.
Post a Comment