Babysitting Alice all day. But that's a story for a different post. (Probably tomorrow, with pictures.)
I was talking with my coworker today when we heard our boss outside. We both just looked at each other and rolled our eyes about whatever it was she was saying. Then we pondered the question: "Are all jobs like this? Is this really what we have to look forward to for the next 40+ years? Or is it possible that maybe, just maybe, not all bosses are like ours and not all workplaces are like ours? Is there hope for us or are we destined to someday become the loathed bosses ourselves?" Very deep thoughts. Really though, i wonder sometimes. My job is not horrible by any stretch of the imagination but it could be better. I suppose all jobs could be. Oh well. Just the deep, contemplative thought of the day :)
P.S. Happy 3 month Preniversary :) David brought me flowers with the best note ever!!! I love him!!!
2 comments:
All jobs are like yours. :)
Seriously, though, when my old boss went on a ride-along with me, the one thing he couldn't get over is how similar it was to his job. Once you take away the violence, adrenaline, and authority aspects that is. Our employees gather at coffee shops instead of water coolers, but we gossip about the same things, deal with the same internal politics, etc. I figure that people are the same wherever you find them.
The past 14 years I've had an excellent boss... very open & easy to work with. Pretty laid back in management style.
Our current/possibly temporary boss is out of state, but when he walks in a room, all conversation ceases... it's like people are afraid to even say anything around him.
Post a Comment